Monday, February 25, 2013

Petra




I have finally started using a new kind of clay. A type that I've commonly read as highly recommended. I am very excited with the results.

Petra is terrified of spiders. Naturally, all spiders are welcome to make their homes in the various nooks and corners of the Lotus Asylum. The others are a little annoyed with Petra's constant outbursts. She has requested a transfer to a spider-free location.




I wanted to mention a few things about her wardrobe, in particular, her sleeves. I spent a great deal of time making these. When I considered what I would put on her arms, this idea just popped into my head, and I had to do it. I took some black velvet and hand stitched some black satin ribbon onto it in stripes. This gave them a very unique black-on-black, stripe look with two different textures. As for her two-toned silk dress, I made sure to give her darts to help with the shape of the breasts I gave her.




As for the spider in her hair, It was a complete after thought, to be honest. The expression on Petra's face resembled a fear of some sort, and I thought a spider would do well, here. Honestly, I really loved how the spider turned out, and I had the biggest smile on my face when I was finished.




This doll is the first of, hopefully, many to come with the same attention to expression and detail, as best as I'm able.

Petra can be purchased here, if you are interested. To see more of my dolls, you can visit the Lotus Asylum link below.

Lotus Asylum





No comments:

Post a Comment