Thursday, April 5, 2012

Alas, We Are Sick



Alas, it is a sick day for my children and me. It is inevitable, I think, when your children don't understand that covering our mouths when we cough isn't something we simply do for fun. One child, who shall remain nameless, was caught more than once, today, deliberately coughing on things. What goes on in a mind like that, I wonder? Perhaps, "If I cough on this flower, will it get sick, too?" I don't know, but one thing is for certain, this kid is making the rest of us sick very fast. It's the perfect time for him to learn proper sick-person behavior, I think.


If sick I were not, I would start my next doll. These colors you see here, have been staring at me all week, begging me to do them justice. It's not just these colors I like, but the textures combined. I think the yellow silk brings the other two textures together beautifully. It is surprising to hear that I look forward to working with such colors, I know. But, it turns out that I get excited about spring colors, just like everyone else. 



Cherry blossoms and warm breezes under an overcast sky make me just as happy as the next person. I am personally looking forward to a drastic change of scene and society. I shall justify the pink in the world by adding a healthy supply of black, wherever I go.


As you can see, I don't have anything entirely important to say, today. But, I did feel a great need to make myself heard. Now I shall lie down and take a nap.




Lotus Asylum

2 comments:

  1. If you had a mother who loved you, she would probably bring you chicken soup. So sorry to hear you're all under-the-weather. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She usually does. Luckily today, however, I already had some clam chowder left over that I happened to make yesterday. And everyone knows clam chowder is best the next day!

    ReplyDelete